Thursday, March 10, 2016

Super Star

Super Star Birthday.  The BIG 90. 
               I am using the sketch for Sketch Saturday for this card.
   
 
             Using a piece of leftover scrap as background (grey and blue circles) -- I also cut the 90 with my circuit (Plantin Schoolhouse). From Kraft paper, I cut the tag with the same cartridge and then ran that through my cuttlebug using a wood grain embossing folder. Adding a piece of pale blue organza ribbon.
      From scraps of grey card stock, I cut three stars again using that same cartridge and stacked them on top of each other and then covered them with silver Stickles.
          From that same grey card stock I printed the sentiment and then covered the whole flag with glossy accents for shine.
          Using my ATG and foam squares it was all assembled together onto a grey card stock base only to realize that I put the dang thing on upside down. Thank goodness I was able to put it back off and I made a new base.   Man, I'm telling ya, never a dull moment.

I would like to add this card to the following challenge quests if I may:






Sketch Saturday #402








Fab and Funky:  Using your scrappy pieces.
Creative Fingers: Anything Goes.


Thank you very much!

4 comments:

Cathy P said...

Love your use of this week's sketch on your CAS card!Thanks so much for playing along at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Cathy SS DT

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card ....Thank you for joining us at Fab n Funky this week....Joolsx

Joanna M. said...

Oooh, I love that sparkly star! So cute. Thanks for sharing this with us over on the Sketch Saturday blog!
~Jo, SS-DT

EdenLand Designs said...

This is a great card for a special birthday celebration! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Fingers this time around :)
Susan DT